Monday, January 26, 2015

Definitions and sentences

Interminable- endless; I never wanted to get involved in interminable arguments. Imperious- assuming power or authpority without justification; I was once so imperious and proud. Beleaguer- under attack; On Halloween, I know the little trick-or-treaters are going to beleaguer me all night long. Jockey- a person who rides in horse races; •The jockey nodded; but in the race found himself coming to the last furlong a length down on the lead. divulged- make known; In several cases, parents were anxious not to divulge too much information in an attempt to protect their children. Brazen- bold and without shame; There 's just no need to ever be quite so brazen with cushions. Ascetic- Characterized by or suggesting the practice of severe self-discipline; He became a very famous ascetic, with a large following of fans Brooding- Action of thinking about depression; For a long time I sat brooding

No comments:

Post a Comment