Thursday, February 5, 2015

poetry

In my English class we our now focused on poems and how to understand the meaning of poetry. When I first read a poem I didn't like it just because I didn't understand them. I gave up on poetry because I had to keep reading them over and over again. Reading poems was pretty bored until I got the concept of how to break down the meaning of poetry. looking for the overall theme, literary elements has helped me develop my skills from the past and moving forward. without these skills I wouldn't able to tell others about poems I have read and what they are about. I'm glad that our class is focused on this topic because I have a lot to share. I'm really looking forward in my English class this semester. I want to start off strong and end off strong because last semester was really difficult.

3 comments:

  1. I understand you not liking poems at first because sometimes i use to look at poems and be like this makes no sense. Then i found out that a poem is just like a rap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetry I agree with you can be boring when u don't undertand the ideas behind it. I like poetry that has a unique style and flow to it and one that I can relate to. I guess we have to be able to interpret poems that is written differentlty and have a style that is not always going to be relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Was the mini-unit too short for you? I hope you stay strong too!

    ReplyDelete